Preserved Tanks .com
    World Register of Surviving Historic Armoured Vehicles

Current Query: Full entry for the tank(s)/location: by Type and Update, Location & Update with Spare Photos, NavPix & Videos

Query Buttons: Full entry for this tank. All tanks of this type. All tanks at this location.


Musée Memorial, Bayeux, France

(Location: Diorama: The Falaise Pocket)

Powered By Subgurim( Maps ASP.NET
Powered By Subgurim( Maps ASP.NET

MAP CONTROLS: Use slider or mousewheel to zoom, and hold down left mouse button to drag.
KEY: Location markers are coloured from Green meaning exact to Red meaning gone or unknown (details here)

Sample Photo from Tank with UniqueID 238

Unique ID: 238
Added to Database: July 2008
Last Edited: July 2008
Type (ID): Flakpanzer 38(t) (300)
Model (ID): Flakpanzer 38(t) (540)
Location Category (ID): Musée Memorial (6040)
Location (ID): Diorama: The Falaise Pocket (6043)
Serial Number:
Other Identification:
Collection Reference:
Associated Tanks:

Location History:
(see map)

1: Ceskomoravsksa-Kolben-Danek (CKD), Prague, Czech Republic (Sole manufacturer 1943-4)
2: Saint-Lambert-sur-Dives, France (Destroyed August 1944)
3: Maurat Scrapyard, Trun, Orne, Basse-Normandie, France (Until early 1980s)
4: Musée Memorial, Bayeux, Calvados, Basse-Normandie, France (Current location)

Text in original Preserved German Tanks publication:

For the details of this Flakpanzer see Preserved Tanks in France: Number 17.

Text in Preserved German Tanks Update:

[No entry]

Text in original Preserved Tanks In France publication:

This Flakpanzer is displayed in a tableau with the museum’s Flakpanzer. It is displayed as a largely complete wreck, and appears to be in fairly good condition. Its label states “This particular vehicle, which belonged a prior to the 12th SS ‘Hitlerjugend’ Panzerdivision, was destroyed on 20th or 21st August 1944 near Saint-Lambert-sur-Dives. It was retrieved in Trun from a scrap-yard at the beginning of the 1980s, and was renovated by the museum team”.
This Flakpanzer was one of four discovered in the Trun scrapyard (q.v.). At least one of the others went to the Saumur Armour Museum (q.v.), and another one went to the Musée Automobiles de Normandie at Clères (q.v.). They were all in a very poor rusted condition when they were discovered.

Images - Photographs and NavPix (click to expand or browse)

August 2007

Front right view
1: Front right view

Taken: 29 August 2007
Contributor: T. Larkum
Photo ID: 1688
Added: 9 August 2009
Filename: 56CNV12_...
Views: 175
Select/Has Priority: 4/0


Front right view
2: Front right view

Taken: 29 August 2007
Contributor: T. Larkum
Photo ID: 1689
Added: 9 August 2009
Filename: 56CNV16_...
Views: 137
Select/Has Priority: 16/0


Date Unknown

Front right view
3: Front right view

Taken: Date Unknown
Contributor: L. Archer
Photo ID: 1759
Added: 13 August 2009
Filename: Scan_Fla...
Views: 206
Select/Has Priority: 16/0