Preserved Tanks .com
    World Register of Surviving Historic Armoured Vehicles

Current Query: Full entry for the tank(s)/location: by Type and Update, Location & Update with Spare Photos, NavPix & Videos

POMNIK BOHATERÓW, RÓŻAN, MAKOWSKI, MAZOWIECKIE, POLAND



Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps ASP.NET
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps ASP.NET

MAP CONTROLS: Use slider or mousewheel to zoom, and hold down left mouse button to drag.
KEY: Location markers are coloured from Green meaning exact to Red meaning gone or unknown (details here)


Number of Photos:
3
Sample Photo

Click here or on the image for this location's profile page

Location Category ID:
16080
Address: Adama Mickiewicza, 06-230 Różan
Telephone:
Email:
Opening Times: Accessible at any time
Official Website:
Other Links: Wikipedia – Battle of Różan
GeoLocation
Achjoj
Latitude, Longitude: 52.88905 , 21.3964
Location Accuracy: 9
Tanks Previously Here:


The Battle of Różan, otherwise known as the Defence of Różan Bridgehead, took place between 4 September and 6 September, 1939, in the fields before the town of Różan on the Narew River. A small Polish garrison of three World War I forts (consisting of two infantry battalions) successfully defended the bridgehead against an entire German panzer division for an entire day and night. However, as a result of a misunderstanding of the commander in chief's orders, the Polish forces were then withdrawn to the other side of the river, and then further eastwards on 6 September. In 1944 the town was almost completely destroyed, and was rebuilt after the war. (Source: Wikipedia).
There is a large war memorial, Pomnik Bohaterów (Monument to Heroes) on the outskirts of the town, overlooking the main road.


1) T-34-85 Tank Soviet / Polish


Number of Photos:
4
Sample Photo from Tank with UniqueID 2262

Click here or on the image for this tank's profile page

Unique ID: 2262
Serial Number: 588 (turret): “588” cast into left rear turret side.
Registration:
Name:
Other Identification:

This T-34 was installed in 1978 (source: Achjoj). It is believed to be of Polish manufacture; it is mounted on a sloping plinth as the centrepiece of the war memorial.