Preserved Tanks .com
    World Register of Surviving Historic Armoured Vehicles

Current Query: Full entry for the tank(s)/location: by Type and Update, Location & Update with Spare Photos, NavPix & Videos

PANSTWOWE ZAKLADY INZYNIERYJNE, URSUS, WARSAW, MAZOWIECKIE, POLAND



Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps ASP.NET
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps ASP.NET

MAP CONTROLS: Use slider or mousewheel to zoom, and hold down left mouse button to drag.
KEY: Location markers are coloured from Green meaning exact to Red meaning gone or unknown (details here)


Number of Photos:
1
Sample Photo

Click here or on the image for this location's profile page

Location Category ID:
16045
Address: Traktorzystów, 01-001 Warszawa
Telephone:
Email:
Opening Times:
Official Website:
Other Links: Wikimapia
Wikipedia.en
Wikipedia.pl
Opuszczone
Latitude, Longitude: 52.20331979 , 20.88410854
Location Accuracy: 7
Tanks Previously Here: Models of tank built here:
1: 7TP Light Tank (Sole manufacturer)
2: TK-3 Tankette (Design parent and sole manufacturer 1931-3)
3: TKF Tankette (Design parent and sole manufacturer ca1933)
4: C2P Gun Tractor (Design parent and sole manufacturer 1937-9)
5: TKS Tankette (Design parent and sole manufacturer 1934-9)
6: TKS (20mm) Tankette (Design parent and sole manufacturer 1939)



The Zakłady Mechaniczne Ursus (Ursus Mechanical Works) was founded in 1893 on 15 Siennej Street, Warsaw, by three engineers and four businessmen. It began producing combustion engines and then later trucks and metal fittings intended for the Russian Tsar. In 1930 the Ursus factory fell on hard times due to the world financial crisis and was nationalised under the Państwowe Zakłady Inżynieryjne (National Engineering Works, PZInż), the Polish manufacturer of arms and vehicles. It then began producing military tractors, tanks and other heavy machinery for the Polish Army. During World War II, PZInz was relocated to Germany by the Germans and the remains were destroyed. After the war, the Ursus Factory was rebuilt and started producing the Ursus C-45, a copy of the German pre-war Lanz Bulldog tractor. During the 1950s, the Ursus factory began producing tractors using a Zetor-based design. By 1961, there was a growing need for tractors in Poland, but the tractors produced by the Ursus factory did not meet the needs of Polish agriculture. (Source: Wikipedia).
There followed various failed commercial arrangements with foreign manufacturers, declining sales and major debt problems. An Ursus Company still exists, manufacturing tractors, but it is a shadow of the former conglomerate, and the Ursus factory buildings in Warsaw are now largely derelict.
Vehicles produced during the 1930s by PzInz at Ursus included TK-3 and TKS tankettes, and the 7TP light tank.