Preserved Tanks .com
    World Register of Surviving Historic Armoured Vehicles

Current Query: Full entry for the tank(s)/location: by Type and Update, Location & Update with Spare Photos, NavPix & Videos

POLSKIEJ ORGANIZACJI WOJSKOWEJ, LEGIONOWO, LEGIONOWSKI, MAZOWIECKIE, POLAND



Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps ASP.NET
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps ASP.NET

MAP CONTROLS: Use slider or mousewheel to zoom, and hold down left mouse button to drag.
KEY: Location markers are coloured from Green meaning exact to Red meaning gone or unknown (details here)


Number of Photos:
1
Sample Photo

Click here or on the image for this location's profile page

Location Category ID:
16040
Address: Polskiej Organizacji Wojskowej, 05-118 Legionowo
Telephone:
Email:
Opening Times:
Official Website:
Other Links: Wikipedia.pl
Wikipedia.en
Militarium
Latitude, Longitude: 52.403867 , 20.944183
Location Accuracy: 9
Tanks Previously Here:


Legionowo's history dates back to 1877, when Jabłonna Nowa (New Jabłonna) rail station was built. The name comes from Jabłonna, the nearby village, where in 1774-1779 Bishop Michał Poniatowski (brother of Poland's last king, Stanisław Poniatowski) built his palace. In 1892 Russian army barracks were built near the railroad station and a local garrison of the Russian army were stationed there, until the beginning of World War I, when the region was occupied by the German troops. In 1919, Jabłonna Nowa was renamed as Legionowo to honour Polish Legions. During the Battle for Warsaw in August 1920, from barracks in Legionowo, General Żeligowski led the 10th Infantry Division) to Radzymin, which helped to save Warsaw from the Red Army. During World War II, in 1944, Legionowo took part in the Warsaw Uprising. During the first week of August 1944, Legionowo was a place of regular fights between German troops and Polish rebels. After a week or so, Germans put down the uprising and several Poles were executed in one of the military shelters near the railroad line. (Source: Wikipedia)
The Polskiej Organizacji Wojskowej (Polish Military Organisation) is the site of a major Polish Army base. It was the home of the 1 Warszawska Dywizja Zmechanizowana (1 Warsaw Mechanized Division) until it was disbanded in September 2011.


1) T-34-85 Tank Soviet / Polish


Number of Photos:
7
Sample Photo from Tank with UniqueID 2260

Click here or on the image for this tank's profile page

Unique ID: 2260
Serial Number: 18157070 (hull): “18157070” and “682”stamped into lower glacis plate.
397 (turret): “397” cast into left rear of turret
Registration:
Name:
Other Identification: Various components (including tyres, headlight, MG mantlet, exhausts and tow hooks) are highlighted with white or red paint.

This Polish-manufactured T-34 is mounted on a small stone plinth. A small display board nearby provides basic details on the T-34.