Preserved Tanks .com
    World Register of Surviving Historic Armoured Vehicles

Current Query: Full entry for the tank(s)/location: by Type and Update, Location & Update with Spare Photos, NavPix & Videos

Query Buttons: All tanks at this location.


Oficerów Armii Czerwonej, Partynice, Wrocław, Dolnośląskie, Poland

Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps ASP.NET
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps ASP.NET

MAP CONTROLS: Use slider or mousewheel to zoom, and hold down left mouse button to drag.
KEY: Location markers are coloured from Green meaning exact to Red meaning gone or unknown (details here)


Sample Photo from Location



Location Category ID: 16200
Added to Database: Date Unknown
Last Edited: 13 April 2012
Address: Aleja Karkonoska, Wrocław
Telephone:
Email:
Opening Times:
Official Website:
Other Links: Historian at Large
Siege of Breslau
Latitude, Longitude: 51.066 , 17.004
Location Accuracy: 7
Tanks Previously Here:


Before the Second World War the city of Wrocław (then known as Breslau) was staunchly Nazi. For much of the war its citizens fared better than other in other areas because it was out of the range of British bombing. However, by late 1944 it was under threat from advancing Soviet troops. It was declared to be a closed stronghold, Festung Breslau, and defensive rings were built around the city. In February 1945 the Red Army launched a ferocious attack on the city that quickly became bogged down. Civilians and slave labour were called up to build more German fortifications, for which vast sections of the city were demolished. There were severe bombardments and fires throughout the city. Breslau finally capitulated on May 6, five days after Berlin had done so, by which time it is believed that the casualty count was 6000 German troops, 7000 Soviet troops and 170000 civilians. Although several bunkers still lie scattered around the city (for example in Park Zachodni and Park Połudnowie) there is no official memorial as such for the thousands of innocent victims of war. A German military cemetery and Garden of Peace can be found 15 kilometres from Wrocław, the final resting place of approximately 18,000 soldiers. Two Soviet cemeteries stand in the suburbs: this one for officers on ul. Karkonoska, and one for the rank and file on Skowronia Góra. (Source: Siege of Breslau).

Location Images - Photographs and NavPix (click to expand or browse)

March 2008

South entrance
1: South entrance

Taken: 5 March 2008
Contributor: R. Gucwa
Location Photo ID: 712
Added: 14 April 2012
Views: 45
Has Priority: 0
    

 

South entrance
2: South entrance

Taken: 5 March 2008
Contributor: R. Gucwa
Location Photo ID: 713
Added: 14 April 2012
Views: 51
Has Priority: 0
    

 

South entrance
3: South entrance

Taken: 5 March 2008
Contributor: R. Gucwa
Location Photo ID: 714
Added: 14 April 2012
Views: 45
Has Priority: 0
    



North entrance
4: North entrance

Taken: 5 March 2008
Contributor: R. Gucwa
Location Photo ID: 715
Added: 14 April 2012
Views: 46
Has Priority: 0
    



North entrance
5: North entrance

Taken: 5 March 2008
Contributor: R. Gucwa
Location Photo ID: 716
Added: 14 April 2012
Views: 33
Has Priority: 0