Preserved Tanks .com
    World Register of Surviving Historic Armoured Vehicles

Current Query: Full entry for the tank(s)/location: by Type and Update, Location & Update with Spare Photos, NavPix & Videos

ROTARY CENTENNIAL PARK, BARSTOW, SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY, CALIFORNIA, USA



Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps ASP.NET
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps ASP.NET

MAP CONTROLS: Use slider or mousewheel to zoom, and hold down left mouse button to drag.
KEY: Location markers are coloured from Green meaning exact to Red meaning gone or unknown (details here)


Number of Photos:
1
Sample Photo

Click here or on the image for this location's profile page

Location Category ID:
54610
Address: East Virginia Way, Barstow, CA 92311 (Physical)
P.O. Box 684, Barstow, CA 92312 (Postal)
Telephone:
Email: mmurphy [at] barstowca.org (Replace [at] with @)
Opening Times: Accessible at any time
Official Website: Rotary Club of Barstow
Rotary Centennial Park
Other Links: Waymarking.com
Bing Maps Bird’s Eye View – source: C_Sherman
Google Street View
Panoramio 1
Panoramio 2
Latitude, Longitude: 34.8880057 , -117.02246994
Location Accuracy: 7
Tanks Previously Here:


The Rotary Centennial Park was constructed by the Rotary Club of Barstow in recognition of Barstow's Centennial year, 1986. 2005 was Rotary International’s 100th anniversary. As part of its centennial celebration, Rotary International challenged each club to accomplish a centennial project during that landmark year. The Barstow Club constructed a community gateway sign at its Centennial Park, to welcome visitors to Barstow.


1) M47 Patton Tank American / Italian


Number of Photos:
6
Sample Photo from Tank with UniqueID 1328

Click here or on the image for this tank's profile page

Unique ID: 1328
Serial Number: 403
Registration: 30107064 (source: N. Baumgardner/USA AFVR) just visible on glacis and rear left mud flap.
Name:
Other Identification: Painted overall in a sand and brown MERDC camouflage scheme.

This is an ex-Italian M47, and the Italian flag and other markings can be seen through the paint. Its rebuild plate is missing from the hull rear but its mounting plate remains. There is a triangular US Armor style insignia visible on one of the hull rear access plates. (Source: C_Sherman). The insignia is that of the National Training Center at Fort Irwin (source: J. Daneri) which is located about fifty miles north-east of Barstow. This is one of three M47 tanks that Fort Irwin previously had on display, the others had serial numbers 1022 and 1560 (source: J. Button).