Preserved Tanks .com
    World Register of Surviving Historic Armoured Vehicles

Current Query: Full entry for the tank(s)/location: by Type and Update, Location & Update with Spare Photos, NavPix & Videos

Query Buttons: All tanks at this location.


Museo Peppone e Don Camillo, Brescello, Reggio Emilia, Emilia-Romagna, Italy

Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps ASP.NET
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps ASP.NET

MAP CONTROLS: Use slider or mousewheel to zoom, and hold down left mouse button to drag.
KEY: Location markers are coloured from Green meaning exact to Red meaning gone or unknown (details here)


Sample Photo from Location



Location Category ID: 5320
Added to Database: 20 December 2009
Last Edited: 20 December 2009
Address: Via De Amicis 2, 42041 Brescello, Reggio d’Emilie
Telephone: 0522-961258, 0522-482511
Email: g.carpi [at] comune.brescello.re.it (Replace [at] with @)
Opening Times: Weekdays: 1000-1200, 1430-1800
Weekends & holidays: 0930-1200, 1400-1900
Open every day, admission free
Official Website: English
Other Languages – choose language then Brescello then Museum
Other Links: Comune di Brescello
Don Camillo Film Museum
Latitude, Longitude: 44.90100492 , 10.51471531
Location Accuracy: 7
Tanks Previously Here:


The “Museum Peppone and Don Camillo” commemorates the fictional adventures of two rivals in a small Italian village - Don Camillo Tarocci, a Catholic priest, and Giuseppe ‘Peppone’ Bottazzi, the local Communist mayor. A series of stories was written about them by Giovanni Guareschi from 1946 until his death in 1968. Some of these stories were made into a series of black-and-white films between 1952 and 1965. These were French-Italian productions; they were simultaneously released in both languages and were very popular. The stories were set in Poteratto but the films used locations around Brescello so it became closely associated with the stories.
The museum is located in the San Benedetto Cultural Centre near Matteotti Square in Brescello. It was opened on 16 April 1989 due to the effort and enthusiasm of a small group of people from the town. It is now run by the municipal tourist board and receives thousands of visitors every year. It contains many relics from the films including Peppone’s motorbike, Don Camillo’s cassock, and other memorabilia.

Location Images - Photographs and NavPix (click to expand or browse)

August 2008

Museum building, photo taken by Daniel Kwiat
1: Museum building, photo taken by Daniel Kwiat

Taken: 21 August 2008
Contributor: Wikimedia
Location Photo ID: 177
Added: 20 December 2009
Views: 151
Has Priority: 0
    

    

    

July 2007

Brescello museum, photo by S. László
2: Brescello museum, photo by S. László

Taken: 14 July 2007
Contributor: Wikimedia
Location Photo ID: 404
Added: 31 January 2011
Views: 93
Has Priority: 0