Preserved Tanks .com
    World Register of Surviving Historic Armoured Vehicles

Current Query: By Location. with Spare Photos.

Query Buttons: All tanks at this location.


Museum Im Zeughaus, Schaffhausen, Canton of Schaffhausen, Switzerland

Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps ASP.NET
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps ASP.NET

MAP CONTROLS: Use slider or mousewheel to zoom, and hold down left mouse button to drag.
KEY: Location markers are coloured from Green meaning exact to Red meaning gone or unknown (details here)


Sample Photo from Location



Location Category ID: 17550
Added to Database: 5 September 2009
Last Edited: 26 June 2010
Address: Randenstrasse 34, 8204 Schaffhausen
Telephone: +41 (0)52 632 78 99
Email: info [at] museumimzeughaus.ch (Replace [at] with @)
Opening Times: 1000-1600, first Saturday of the month, April to October
Official Website: Museum im Zeughaus
Panzerfahrzeuge
Gallery
2010 Flyer
Other Links: Zeggi-Modellbau
ShaffhauserLand
Latitude, Longitude: 47.70146231 , 8.62490594
Location Accuracy: 6
Tanks Previously Here: 1: Panzerjäger G13 Tank Destroyer - Armeemotorfahrzeugpark (AMP), Burgdorf, Emmental, Bern, Switzerland (September 2006 - Summer 2009)


The Museum im Zeughaus houses permanent displays of soldiers’ personal equipment, artillery, brass instruments, historic military vehicles and other weapons from the Swiss Army of the 19th and 20th centuries. It documents an interesting part of Swiss technological development and includes three distinct collections. The Karl Bauert collection is a display of personal material and equipment of the Swiss army and includes a comprehensive collection of Swiss weapons. The Martin Huber collection comprises guns and motor vehicles, and survey and other equipment of the Swiss artillery. The Jürg Zimmermann collection comprises some one hundred and fifty valuable historical brass instruments.
The museum is housed in Building 5 of the armoury of Schaffhausen Canton. In this building there are some displays dedicated to individual units, including an infantry company and a heavy gun battery. Ownership of the museum rests with the Museum Foundation which was created in December 2004 by Martin Huber, Jürg Zimmermann and Karl Bauert under cantonal supervision and has tax exemption. Only a small part of the area is currently used as an arsenal. Several buildings and offices are used for Civil Defence, and other buildings are currently used by other official bodies.
The Martin Huber collection includes about forty historical military vehicles and trailers that were used by the Swiss Army from 1935 to 1982. All these vehicles are road-registered and maintained by members of the Gesellschaft der Militärmotorfahrer Schaffhausen (GMMS, http://www.gmmsh.ch). They include a small but growing collection of tanks.

Location Images - Photographs and NavPix (click to expand or browse)

September 2009

Museum entrance
1: Museum entrance

Taken: 5 September 2009
Contributor: M. Foti
Location Photo ID: 296
Added: 26 June 2010
Views: 66
Has Priority: 0
    

 

Some of the vehicles of the Huber collection
2: Some of the vehicles of the Huber collection

Taken: 5 September 2009
Contributor: M. Foti
Location Photo ID: 297
Added: 27 June 2010
Views: 87
Has Priority: 0